Mobile developer - Android
31 March 2019
Aviagen is the world’s leading poultry science company, developing pedigree lines for the production of broiler chickens and turkeys. The company is based near Edinburgh with a number of wholly owned operations and joint ventures across the world.
Based at Newbridge, Edinburgh, and reporting to the R&D Development team leader, a new vacancy has arisen for an additional mobile developer to join the established team providing mobile solutions to our field-based staff.
You will be expected to author and maintain the applications and documentation to a high standard and have ability to articulate solutions appropriately depending on the target audience. You should have confidence in using own initiative when making recommendations
- Commercial C# .NET experience (minimum 5 yrs)
- Commercial Xamarin.Android experience (minimum 1 yr)
- Asynchronous programming techniques
- SQL Server including T/SQL and use of analytical functions
- Demonstrable understanding of SOLID principles
- Strong knowledge of software design patterns
Any experience in the following would be an advantage
- TDD exposure using MSTest or similar
- Experience with developing ASP.NET web applications
- Experience with developing WPF and WinForms applications
- Exposure to a TeamCity environment or similar
- WCF Services and microservices development experience
You will be involved in Development tasks, debugging, unit testing, defect fixes & hot fixes up to and including face to face end user interaction. Any experience with peer code review to verify technical or logical problems, definition of coding standards, etc. would be a positive.
If interested in the above, please apply in writing together with a current CV detailing previous experience to email@example.com.