Agenda featured latest Ross 308 breeding and broiler management developments
EDINBURGH, United Kingdom. – Every year Aviagen, LLС gathers its devoted Ross® 308 customers to travel to a strategic location, while getting the latest information on new developments and achievements in Ross 308 parent stock (PS) and broiler management. Between September 5-8, 2017, Russian poultry breeders visited Baku – the capital city of Azerbaijan, located at the crossroads of Southwest Asia and Southeastern Europe – where the dynamics of modern life fuse with wonderful old traditions.
Top specialists share management advice, breeding developments
The event, which was attended by more than 60 specialists from leading operations in Russia and CIS, offered attendees breeder management advice and an update on developments in the Aviagen® breeding program.
Here are some highlights:
- Marcel Janssen, Aviagen senior technical manager in Eastern Europe and CIS, gave an account of current and future R&D developments.
- Consultant Veterinarian Rik van den Bos raised the issue of prevention and control of avian diseases.
- Adam Sacranie, Aviagen nutritionist, spoke on broiler production economics from the aspect of feeding efficiency.
- In his presentation on male management, Kruno Bosilj, Aviagen technical service manager, shared new ideas and effective ways to improve male productivity.
- Georgi Nalbantov, Aviagen technical service manager, spoke on creating good ventilation for Ross 308 broiler breeding stock.
Excellent performance rewarded
The seminar finale was devoted to awarding customers for achieving high performance with Ross 308 PS. Turbaslinskiye Broilery OJSC got their first award for achieving 140 chicks per hen housed and as a result was able to join the Ross 140 Club.
In addition to getting a lot of valuable information and recommendations, the participants had an opportunity to visit the cultural and natural landmarks that have earned Baku the title “the city of many faces.”
Carrying on a winning tradition
Janssen said, “We are happy to carry on the tradition of gathering our customers in new cities and countries. During such events, they are able not only to communicate with each other and exchange experiences, but also take a break from day-to-day hassles. Our customers work very hard to achieve the high performance goals they set for themselves. I wish them success with their Ross flocks and look forward to our encounter at the next Aviagen seminar.”