During these unprecedented times, please be assured that Aviagen remains committed to you and to the continuing success of your business.
One of our essential core values is that we care for our employees, our customers, our birds, our communities and our world. It is in challenging times like these that we believe it is crucial to stand firm on this principle.
We continue to do everything possible to safeguard the health and safety of our workforce. We are closely monitoring the rapidly evolving situation and diligently adapting our operations and employee preparedness plans accordingly.
Aviagen facilities have industry-leading biosecurity measures in place. Following the guidelines of national and international health organizations, we also are implementing additional health and safety measures for our employees with the aim of ensuring the ongoing supply of quality breeding stock to our customers around the world, while respecting your individual company and country restrictions.
We value your business. Your Aviagen team is committed to supporting you, especially during this time of heightened concern.
CEO Aviagen Broiler Breeders
You may find the information at these links helpful.
- National Chicken Council (US) – COVID-19 Resources
This COVID-19 (coronavirus) resources page from the National Chicken Council provides business and government information, top-tier media coverage, and answers to frequently asked questions about COVID-19, as it pertains to the food and poultry industry. The information featured is for general consumers, as well as National Chicken Council members and food industry personnel. This page will be updated on an ongoing basis.
• National Ag Day: During Difficult Times and Everyday – American Agriculture Does Not Stop
- British Poultry Council - Keeping the food chain moving
- Department of Homeland Security Cyber and Infrastructure Deems Food, Agriculture Sector as Critical Infrastructure
- The American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) provides resources on COVID-19 for veterinarians
- Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut (FLI): Pigs and chickens not susceptible to Sars-CoV-2
- World Health Organization Webinar: Focus on the Food Sector, Food Security and the Protection of Workers Working in the Food Industry