EDINBURGH, Scotland. – Aviagen® recently released its new 2021 European Parent Stock (PS) Performance Objectives and Nutrition Specifications, and throughout the month of May welcomed more than 400 customers from various European business units to a series of webinars to introduce these beneficial publications.
The genetic potential of Aviagen birds is continuously improving, and the Performance Objectives provide a benchmarking tool to help customers maximize this potential. Detailing the specific nutritional strategy needed at each stage of development to grow healthy birds, the Nutritional Specifications go hand in hand with the Objectives. They allow target performance to be achieved in a balanced way, optimizing reproductive health, growth rate, early development, quality, livability and other key indicators of bird productivity, health and welfare. During all five webinars, the Nutrition Specifications were discussed in detail by Aviagen Senior Nutritionist Adam Sacranie.
Webinars tailored to customers throughout Europe
The following webinars conducted by Aviagen teams were well received by customers in widespread regions.
- May 12: Aviagen LLC introduced the 2021 European PS Nutrition Specifications and Performance Objectives to Arbor Acres® customers from throughout Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
- May 13: Aviagen Italia discussed the publications for Ross® customers in Italy.
- May 19: Aviagen SAU presented the new objectives and specifications to Ross customers from Spain, Portugal and Morocco.
- May 21: Aviagen Kft debuted the recent documents for Ross customers from throughout Central & Eastern Europe.
- May 21: Aviagen LLC welcomed Ross customers from Russia and the CIS to a webinar
- May 27: Aviagen U.K. Limited and Aviagen SweChick together introduced the documents to Ross customers from Scandinavia and the United Kingdom.
“We developed the new Parent Stock Nutrition Specifications and Performance Objectives to complement each other. Effectively following the carefully developed nutritional strategy enables producers to achieve the Performance Objectives in a balanced way, simultaneously promoting biological performance, optimal development, livability and other indicators of bird health and well-being,” explained Lorenzo Rossi, Regional Technical Manager, Western Europe.
“Together, the Nutrition Specifications and Performance Objectives are part of our Breeding Sustainability strategy, simultaneous promoting qualities that help sustain the businesses of our producers, while helping them deliver a nutritious and affordable protein source to their communities across Europe and around the world,” commented Nicolas Neyra, Regional Technical Manager, Russia and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
Dejan Bosanac, Regional Technical Manager, Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), added that the webinars have proven to be an effective way to remain in touch with customers throughout the pandemic. “We care about our customers, and are committed to sharing the very latest knowledge that will help strengthen their success. While nothing can replace face-to-face collaboration, webinar technology has helped us continue to communicate important information, while also providing a forum for networking and relationship-building, which are also extremely important in our close-knit industry.”
European customers may download the new publications from Aviagen.com or ask their Aviagen representative for copies.